Friday, January 20, 2012

When the Cosmos Aligns

This week the cosmos aligned and a dear friend's funeral and my birthday were a day apart--both events that normally cause me to pause and reflect on my life.

My friend was a wonderful, giving person who died much too soon. He had been able to retire younger than many people, and was able to fill his days with activities of his own choosing--usually helping people and volunteering at his church.

I don't have the luxury of retiring, but I can make different choices that will make life more enjoyable. I want to spend more time with my husband, kids and grandkids. I want to have lunch with just my mom and me at least once a week. I want to have friends over more often, and simplify my schedule to spend more time doing what I want to do.

Change won't happen overnight, but it has already started.

What changes do you want to make to increase your joy? The time to start is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment